|Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe|
image by Lakenvelder
This is a great traditional Hawaii dish and is commonly served at lunch time. This version is the best Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe I have tried so far.
- One pound of elbow pasta
- Two cups of whole milk
- Two cups of mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Four scallions
- One or two carrots
- Two celery ribs
- Half cup of cider vinegar
- Salad Preparation:
- Step One: Over cook the elbow pasta till it is very soft. Over cooked pasta is used in this dish so that it allows the pasta to soak up the dressing.
- Step Two: After the pasta is finished cooking and drained, place it back into the pot and pour the vinegar on it. Stir it around to allow it to soak up the vinegar, drain and move it to a dish.
- Step Three: Grade the carrots, chop the celery up fine, and slice the scallions up thinly
- Step Four: Mix the vegetables and cooked pasta in the dish
- Dressing Preparation:
- Step One: Mix the milk, mayonnaise, sugar, table spoon of pepper, half a table spoon of salt all together in a dish.
- Final Preparation:
- Step One: Pour the dressing on the prepared salad and mix well.
- Step Two: allow the salad to cool in the refrigerator
- Serve chilled and enjoy =)